Our 20th. Annual Eagle Point Classic Canoe Race was held on Aug. 23/14. With 7 canoes in the 17 km. race & 3 canoes in the 7 km. race, there was lots of competition & fun. No rain & the wind wasn’t too bad on the other side. The race was followed by an excellent BBQ. All in all, it was a good race day. There was a head wind going out in both races, but not strong enough to cause any real problems. The safety boats did not have to do any rescues.
Click here for race pics.
Thank you to all the paddlers and volunteers who came out!
1. Bill Jeffery & Ragnar Robinson (18′ cruiser) 1:53:59
2. Martin Bernardin (surf ski kayak) 1:57:15
3. Randy Chapman & Kate Germin (18′ cruiser) 2:00:29
4. Bob Jarvis & Isaac Dufour-Jarvis (pro shell) 2:00:40
5. Sid Robinson & Damian Trites (18′ cruiser) 2:10:37
6. Brendon Zarazun & Haley Robinson (17′ cruiser) 2:22:26
7. Hilary Johnstone & Dave Smallwood (17′ cruiser) 2:27:59
1. Warren Kelly & Rob Mackenzie (17′ cruiser) 47:30
2. Derek Birkham (solo Freedom) 48:40
3. Jesse Hepworth & Luke Hepworth 53:35