Our Club’s 21st annual Eagle Point Classic Canoe Race went ahead today in near perfect weather conditions. (Cloud changing to sun with a temp of 22 C. A north wind of 14 km/hr produced a little chop but nothing serious.) We had a good turnout with 10 canoes in the 17.75-km race and 9 canoes in the 7-km race.
Congratulations to all the paddlers, especially the winners! And thanks to the volunteers—Susan Folkersen & Kandra Stacey on registration and timing; Rick Bell, Kim Earing, Glen Trites, Dave & Susan Smallwood in safety boats, and Rob Mackenzie on food.
Click here for race pics.
7-KM RACE (straight out to the rocky reef and back, no buoy turns):
1. Ragnar Robinson & Dylan Stryde (18’ Jensen), La Ronge/Air Ronge, 43:25
2. Tracy Cook & Halie Morin, Stanley Mission, 50 :57
3. Warren Kelly (15 ft Freedom solo), La Ronge, 52:20
4. Rob Mackenzie & Len Santana, La Ronge, 52:50
5. Tom Hamilton & Mary Eninew, Air Ronge, 53 :54
6. Luke Hepworth & Hannah Green, Air Ronge, 1:00:42
7. Jeannine Hill & Tessa Santana, La Ronge, 1:07:13
8. Kim Railton & Nathan Railton, Waden Bay, 1 :15:57
9. Taryn Hamilton & Taylor Keest, Air Ronge, 1:22:36
17.75-KM RACE (once clockwise around the big island off the Marina, then counterclockwise through Downton Lake and Nut Portage and back to the Marina):
1. Alex Buck & Lori Mack (pro shell), Saskatoon, 1:48:19
2. Randy Chapman & Kate Germin (pro shell), Saskatoon, 1:48:29
3. Larry Charles & Norman McKenzie (pro shell), Stanley Mission/Air Ronge, 1:58:40
4. Sid Robinson & Damian Trites (18 ft), La Ronge, 2:04:58
5. Jeff Irvine & Stephanie Young (18 ft), La Ronge, 2:08 :32
6. Hilary Johnstone & Noreen Gobeille (pro shell), La Ronge/Montreal, 2:09:59
7. Mike Maggrah & Joanna Kaiser (17 ft), La Ronge, 2:12:29
8. Ann Popoff & Raina Vingerhoeds (pro shell), Saskatoon, 2:16:00
9. Martin, Heather, Alex & Casey Bernardin (17 ft), La Ronge, 2:17:15
10. Nathan Forester & Jonathon Stockdale (17 ft), La Ronge, 3:05:45